Old May 3rd 04, 04:23 PM
Brother Pharts-a-Lot

"Drifter" wrote in message
sorry if this is on topic here. all my sw radios
are in my hobby/computer room. after j.lighting
last night, i started to power down computer, etc.
portable radio/ using it's whip, was last to be
turned off. computer off/ modem and linksys-(besfr-41),
are on their own strip. if i'm away from computer, for
more than a few hours, everything gets turned off. as
i switched off the router i noticed the static on the
radio drop to almost nil.

Seen/heard this many times. Problem is usually a noisy power
supply. Take the PC Board out of it's case, spray the insided
case with conductive or metallic chrome spray paint, let dry, and
re-assemble unit. Another trick is to put the router inside
a metal Bud box. Shielding is the cure here