Old August 23rd 04, 04:01 AM
Jimmie

"Yuri Blanarovich" wrote in message
So, when you tell me to "forget the igloo", you seem to have placed
yourself in a position where you think you know how to evaluate antenna
efficiency and that I dont. I dont think you are *that* smart.

Jerry

You win, I ain't so smart as I thought. :-)
I thought that antenna is supposed to radiate RF in the direction and with
pattern one desires. That's what I want to measure, how effective radiator

it
is, how much RF it produces at the point of interest.
If you want to know how well it works as a heater, more power to you.
I am not in a ****ing contest who is "smarter", I was trying to convey

some
practicality and what I do and what I am interested in.
Over and out!

Back to DR1 (www.computeradio.us)

Yuri, K3BU

I was under the impression that radiation efficency was pretty much a"
no-brainer".If the antenna is built of quality materials with good
workmanship the antenna would be an efficent radiator with little ohmic or
dielectric losses. The exception to this of course would be antennas that
use an earth ground. I just found I was losing at least 3 db to heating up
the ground.

Jimmie