Old May 4th 04, 05:26 AM
GO BEARCATS

I don't know if Ed considers me the stone thrower, but I think I can
appriciate the difficulty in his recreations.

I know you can Frank, I've told him that and he read the entire thread, it cost
me an arm to ship it. ;-)

Thanks for that link, I just sent it to Ed and I'm going to read it also.

This is part of what he sent me today.
*************************************

The very first 15-minute-long Amos n Andy programs that were first broadcast
from March 19th, 1928 until August 18th, 1929 were distributed on 78 rpm radio
transcriptions --- meaning records (LP's hadn't yet been invented) --- to
subscribing radio stations all over the country. About 50 or so of these
recordings still exist, but they're scratchy and hard to listen to. (A record
auction company has some of them available right now, starting with a $100 bid
for each record!)
Then, starting with August 19th, 1929, they broadcast from a Chicago radio
station --- WMAQ --- over NBC radio stations on the NBC radio network for
immediate broadcast. They were aired nightly: once for the east coast and once
for the west coast, to adjust for the different time-zones.
The scripts can be purchased from the Library Of Congress on microfilm by
anyone; however, I'm the only one who can re-create all the voices and make
them sound exactly as they originally sounded.
********************************

I've invited him to RRS, but I don't know if he knows about usenet, he never
answered that question, I'd kinda be afraid some in here would yell and flame
him, and he's too nice a guy for that.

So it'd maybe be better if he didn't...lol. I can handle it, but I don't know
if he could.

~*~*Monitoring The AirWaves~*~
*****GO BEARCATS*****
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/394/*SUPER*398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+Howell
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
600ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Sloper
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*
*21/2X2ft.FiveSpoked~Penta-Loop~PancakeLoop*