Old May 4th 04, 05:12 PM
Frank Dresser

"GO BEARCATS" wrote in message
Hey Frank, that's a 'very' good link describing EVERYTHING about that

show, I'm
going to copy and paste a little part of it here and tell me if you or

someone
else in here knows what the 'tune' is they're talking about or if they

have a
sound byte of it because I don't think Ed plays it.

I've also forwarded that link and this same question to him, so hopefully

I'll
get to hear this 'perfect song.'

The song brings up the racial insensititivity issue, though. It's debatable
if Amos 'n' Andy was racially insensitive, but there's no doubt that the
source of the music, the movie "Birth of a Nation" was racially insensitive.

It occours to me that Ed Bolton has done alot of research and may already
have all the source material that the author of the webpage used. Ed may be
able to write his own article which is at least as informative as that one.
If so, somebody who has an old time radio website may be happy to put it up.
And at the bottom of the article it might say something like:

"Ed Bolton is the maker of faithful recreations of the earliest Amos 'n'
Andy episodes. Recordings of these recreations can be heard on WBCQ and are
available at (somethingwhatever).com".

Frank Dresser