Old May 5th 04, 11:26 PM
Cowboy67

Default Hallicrafters SX-110 question

Howdy all,

Along with the below post/radio. I also received an SX-110. I got it to
receive a station, but after the long trip back home from AL, I can't get
the radio to receive anything. I re-seated all the tubes and did not see
anything caps/resistors that were burnt. All the tube that are clear have a
glow to them. The speaker does not have any static, well, occasionally there
is a little, but not much.

What to do? Where should I look first?

Also, there looks to be some type of mod? There is a wire that comes out a
hole under the speaker connection. It is like a common 2 wire houshold
extension cord that connects to a wire that runs from the avc on switch to
the receive/standby switch and the other wire goes to a cluster of resistors
that is back and center of the radio.

Any one?

Thanks again for your earlier replies to my other questions!

Thanks in advance!

Jim