Old May 6th 04, 12:43 AM
Dale Parfitt

"Cowboy67" wrote in message
Howdy all,

Along with the below post/radio. I also received an SX-110. I got it to
receive a station, but after the long trip back home from AL, I can't get
the radio to receive anything. I re-seated all the tubes and did not see
anything caps/resistors that were burnt. All the tube that are clear have

glow to them. The speaker does not have any static, well, occasionally

there
is a little, but not much.

What to do? Where should I look first?

About the worst thing you can do to an older RX that has not been plugged

in for years, is to plug it in and turn it on without recapping the RX. It
is possible that one of the caps shorted when you first plugged it in and
taken out something important like a transformer or IF can.

Dale W4OP