Old May 6th 04, 05:17 AM
m II

Lloyd Davies - wrote:

I think that since Morse Code is old, but not completely useless, I feel it
should no longer be made to be learned to gain access to the HF bands.

The work required to get that ham ticket is the only thing keeping it
from turning into a repeat of the Citizens Band fiasco. There would be a
huge increase in the number of retards on the airways.

Keep the requirements where they are. New recruits are needed, but that
is another problem entirely. A good start would be informing young
people in junior high about the hobby. Communicating with cubs/brownies
Girl Guide and Scout troops would help too. There must be many more
sources of recruits.

I have a feeling the kids aren't being reached and there aren't enough
coming in to replace all the geezers who are croaking.

mike