Old May 6th 04, 02:36 PM
Brian Running

What's the groups take on this particular brand? I've never purchased them
myself. I bought a pack of sixteen of them for $3.87 (including tax.)

Lately, Ray-O-Vac has been the best deal around for alkaline batteries, and
I've been using them pretty much exclusively for the last year or so. I
don't find any difference at all between them and any of the other major
brands, e.g., Energizer and Duracell.

The only other brand I've used in the last year is Walgreen's own brand of
alkalines. Also a very good value, and work very well.

The worst batteries I have ever had are Maxell alkalines. They're
everywhere these days, they're cheap, and they are terrible. I haven't
measured this scientifically, but they seem to last about half as long as
the Ray-O-Vacs.