Old May 6th 04, 03:20 PM
Arthur Harris

"GO BEARCATS" wrote:
Any radio really I'm talking about, but this is to help me with the 398

when I
get it back.

I ususally use the narrow filter, like, almost all the time. When would

one
listen to it on 'wide'? For a Big station or for music?

Tell me how you all use between your *narrow or wide*.......I am

interested.
:-)
How would it play on the BCB dxing?

The wider the filter, the better the high frequency audio response will be.
If the signal is strong and there is no adjacent channel interference, I
always use the wide filter for AM reception.

Depending what the actual "width" of the filter is, the narrow filter can
make the audio sound muffled.

You'd use the narrow filter for ssb, and for weak AM signals surrounded by
intereference.

Art N2AH