Old August 23rd 04, 11:36 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

I recently acquired a large quantity of very flexible stranded
stainless steel wire at a garage sale. It is about 0.85 mm (around
1/32 inch) in diameter and extremely strong. I was wondering if this
could be used for wire antennas for HF. I seem to remember seeing
something about SS not being ideal. Is this a real consideration or
just a matter of being too finiky?

Thanks - Dave

The best use of it would be for the Beverage receiving antennas. Extra
resistance helps to retard the reflected wave and "sharpens" the pattern.

Otherwise it would beat the heck out of DLM, EH, CFA or Fractuled antennas.

Yuri, K3BU