Old May 6th 04, 06:19 PM
Frank Dresser

"GO BEARCATS" wrote in message
Hey Frank, you said this.
****************
The song brings up the racial insensititivity issue, though. It's

debatable
if Amos 'n' Andy was racially insensitive, but there's no doubt that the
source of the music, the movie "Birth of a Nation" was racially

insensitive.
*******************
What was so racially insensitive about it? Do you a sound byte of it or

can
you 'tell me.' {?} That was 'racially insensitive but Diceman/Murphy/

and the
little fat former preacher psycho that died (I forget his name) EVERY

comedian
*I* hear is WAYYYYYYYY more racially 'insensitive' than ANYTHING I have

ever
heard on A&A.

I'm curious as to your reply...lol.

I saw "Birth of a Nation" years ago and calling it racially insensitive is
putting it lightly. It's racist. If I recall, it's about the Civil War era
South, it portrays Blacks in racial stereotypes and the KKK as heroes.

"Birth of a Nation" a silent movie, and the music must have come from a
music score written for the movie.

It's also boring. But it was considered to be one of the most amazing
films of it's day, so I suppose the previous films were even more boring.

I'm sure Google can come with more on "Birth of a Nation".

I don't mind insensitive movies. The best movie I've seen recently was a
heavily edited version of "Head of the Family", which was shown by a local
TV horror movie host. This movie is insensitive to Bikers, Bimbos,
Sleazeballs and, most of all, Human Freaks. I can highly recommend it.

Frank Dresser