Old May 6th 04, 06:37 PM
Frank Dresser

"GO BEARCATS" wrote in message
What's the groups take on this particular brand? I've never purchased them
myself. I bought a pack of sixteen of them for $3.87 (including tax.)

Ray-O-Vacs used to be my favorite brand. I could get a large pack at the
home improvement store for a good price. They seemed to last about as long
as Duracells. And they were made in Wisconsin. And they had a excellent
guarantee. Now, I think they're making them in Asia. That's a
disappointment. I still have some of my old Ray-O-Vac D cells. I don't
know how good the newer ones are.

I know this part has been mentioned before but if someone would be so

kind,
what's the best way to store batteries (alkaline) or is there? I know not

have them out in the extreme heat, but I've read some people put em' in

the
fridge.

Is there any validity to this other than cold batteries? ;-)

They self discharge more slowly in the refrigerator. They don't have full
power until they warm up. Usually, it's not worth worrying about.
Alkalines last a long time at room temperature.

Frank Dresser