Old May 6th 04, 07:44 PM
Tracy Fort

On Thu, 06 May 2004 18:36:44 GMT, m II
wrote:

Michael Bryant wrote:
Here is a quotation from GWBush this last Friday in the Rose Garden. I'm not
sure why it hasn't received more play:

"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose
skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self-govern. I reject
that. I reject that strongly. I believe that people who practice the Muslim
faith can self-govern. I believe that people whose skins aren't necessarily
a different color than white can self-govern."

What does this mean? Yet another Bushism, or is it REALLY what he thinks?

I believe that people whose skins aren't necessarily a different color
than white can self-govern."
The sentence is the equivalent of a double negative. It means WHITE can
self govern!

What he SHOULD have said, if he were SANE, was:
I believe that people whose skins aren't necessarily white can self-govern."

and this guy has his finger on the button..You'd think Cheney, Perle and
Wolfowitz could have picked a better puppet.

mike

It's probably another Bryant misquote...

Tracy