Old May 6th 04, 07:41 PM
GrtPmpkin32

Being lazy I got a 398 for narrow filter settings and a 909 right next
to it for wide. It saves wear on the sliding switches. I also became
ambidextrous, so I can now tune BOTH sets in unison. Hope I never get a
stroke...

Hheheh... actually that sounds like you have the makings of a neat diversity
reception system. Combine the audio outputs of each radio (a headphone mixer,
etc.), each with a different external antenna (seperated from each other by as
much distance as you can muster), and then tune the same frequency. You should
notice different fading patterns on each antenna/radio, and combining these can
often lead to a lot less fading apparent to your ears.
Linus