Old August 24th 04, 05:24 AM
Cecil Moore

Jim Leder wrote:
Fun to consider these things and ALWAYS to experiment. Cecil, I took to
heart your 'l-loop' and modified one for 30 meters. I have had GREAT luck
with it! Best thing I've tried on 30. Thanks!

For anyone who missed it, here is my previous posting on how to
optimize a full-sized G5RV for each HF band by changing the
length of the "matching section" per band.

These are actual measured values for the resonant lengths of the
series section transformer for all HF bands for my optimized G5RV.

102' dipole, insulated wire. Ladder-line is approximately Z0=380
ohms, VF = 0.9. Coax is RG-213

Freq-MHz ladder-line length
3.8 23 ft. (best with 1000pf in parallel)
7.2 35 ft.
10.125 20 ft.
14.2 29 ft.
18.14 36 ft.