Old May 7th 04, 05:52 AM
Tom Betz

Quoth "John Lyder" in
:

Dam Commie's, Good for them !

What's Communist about Air America? I've listnened to them. They sound like
real patriots to me.

http://drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

Typically information-free Drudge.

Here's the whole Tribune story so far:

Air America Radio chief resigns

By John Cook
Tribune staff reporter

May 6, 2004, 6:01 PM CDT

In yet another sign of trouble for Air America Radio, the liberal talk
network entering its fifth chaotic week on the air, co-founder and chairman
Evan Cohen resigned Thursday, as did vice-chairman and investor Rex Sorensen.

The company also failed to make its scheduled payroll Wednesday, leaving its
staff roughly 100 radio personalities, writers, and producers unpaid until
Thursday.

"We're on a wild ride," said Jon Sinton, the network's president,
acknowledging that Air America has suffered "the typical bumps and bruises
faced by any start-up."

"But the bottom line," he said, "is that we are on the air to stay."

The departures of Cohen, a former Republican political operative from Guam
who was among the network's initial investors, and Sorenson, an investor who
owns radio stations in Guam, mark the second executive shake-up at the
fledgling network in as many weeks. Last week, co-founder and CEO Mark Walsh
resigned (he remains a senior adviser to the network) and programming chief
Dave Logan was forced out.

Replacements for Walsh and Cohen have yet to be named. Asked when those
executive positions would be filled, Sinton replied: "I wouldn't hold my
breath."

=======

Sounds like a start-up company having cashflow trouble. Also sounds like
their staff needs trimming by about 3/4. But it doesn't sound Communist.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these