Old May 7th 04, 07:22 AM
Telamon

In article ,
Tom Betz wrote:

Quoth "John Lyder" in
:

Dam Commie's, Good for them !

What's Communist about Air America? I've listnened to them. They
sound like real patriots to me.

http://drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

Typically information-free Drudge.

Here's the whole Tribune story so far:

Air America Radio chief resigns By John Cook Tribune staff reporter

May 6, 2004, 6:01 PM CDT

In yet another sign of trouble for Air America Radio, the liberal
talk network entering its fifth chaotic week on the air, co-founder
and chairman Evan Cohen resigned Thursday, as did vice-chairman and
investor Rex Sorensen.

The company also failed to make its scheduled payroll Wednesday,
leaving its staff roughly 100 radio personalities, writers, and
producers unpaid until Thursday.

"We're on a wild ride," said Jon Sinton, the network's president,
acknowledging that Air America has suffered "the typical bumps and
bruises faced by any start-up."

"But the bottom line," he said, "is that we are on the air to stay."

The departures of Cohen, a former Republican political operative from
Guam who was among the network's initial investors, and Sorenson, an
investor who owns radio stations in Guam, mark the second executive
shake-up at the fledgling network in as many weeks. Last week,
co-founder and CEO Mark Walsh resigned (he remains a senior adviser
to the network) and programming chief Dave Logan was forced out.

Replacements for Walsh and Cohen have yet to be named. Asked when
those executive positions would be filled, Sinton replied: "I
wouldn't hold my breath."

=======

Sounds like a start-up company having cashflow trouble. Also sounds
like their staff needs trimming by about 3/4. But it doesn't sound
Communist.

Not working for pay sounds communist to me.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California