Old August 24th 04, 10:12 PM
Aaron Jones

(Tony Angerame) wrote:
For what it's worth I had the powerline
company check and they said it was "Clear for miles".

I'm not sure I'd trust my power company to say that they're ok. If you don't
have a small battery operated SW receiver, get one. I have an old Sony model
that turned out to be a needed piece of test equipment. I've used it several
times over the years to localize QRN from the power lines, often right to the
pole. When I could be specific about where and/or what the failure might be
(leaking insulator, cap, transformer, ground/guy wire ect) , I usually got a
quick response as this could be an indication of a more serious power line
failure than just a complaining ham...