Old May 8th 04, 02:15 PM
Bill Everhart

On Sat, 08 May 2004 04:56:43 GMT, Telamon
wrote:

In article ,
"-=jd=-" wrote:

On Fri 07 May 2004 09:28:47p, ocom (Michael Bryant)

From: "-=jd=-"

When has Bush or Cheney attacked Kerry's military service?

Bush hasn't. Cheney and Rove made speeches last week about Kerry
and his service record. One of the top stories on Drudge. Look it
up.

It's still non-existent as far as I can tell. I am so far unable to
find on the Drudge Report site Bush, Cheney or Rove attacking Kerry's
Military service.

The closest I can find is a reporter who says Rove described Kerry as
a "condescending elitist whose blatant attempts to capitalize on his
Vietnam experience will ultimately backfire."

That doesn't knock Kerry's military service - it says Kerry is
foolish to try and capitalize on his Vietnam experience for his
campaign because it will backfire.

The Drudge Site also had this: ********** Although they have
questioned Kerry's Senate votes on defense and foreign policy,
neither Bush nor Cheney has commented personally on his service in
the Navy during the Vietnam War. Bush served stateside in the Texas
Air National Guard during the war while Cheney received five
deferments from military service.

In an interview with Telemundo, NBC's Spanish-language network,
Teresa Heinz Kerry said, "To have a couple of people, who escaped
four, five, six times and deferred and deferred and deferred calling
him anything regarding his service is in and of itself unpatriotic.
Unpatriotic." NBC's "Nightly News" aired part of the interview
Thursday.

Said Racicot: "Every time the discussion focuses on John Kerry's
Senate record of voting against weapons systems, voting against
support for troops in the field or his positions on both sides of
critical questions of national security, his campaign falsely claims
that his patriotism is being attacked." **********

The only time I hear of a candidate, or someone directly linked to a
candidate bringing up Kerry's military service is Kerry himself.
Though, tonight, I heard Kerry's wife dodging a question about her
husband's voting record by attacking Cheney's deferments. You have to
give her credit for sticking to the script.

It appears to me that Kerry needs someone (even if they are
manufactured) to keep his Military service in the spotlight. It's a
big part of his campaign. That may explain why you can't find Bush or
his administraion talking about Kerry's military service.

So, long story short - I can't locate any first hand report that
Bush, Cheney, Rove have attacked Kerry's military service. But they
have found his congressional voting record to be a "target rich
environment".

If you have a link, please share.

Bryant lives in his own scripted environment. If you call on him to
factually back up his claims he just ignores you.

Bryant makes great points all the time. I've only seen childish
reply's to them time and time again. There are exceptions - =JD= and
Stinger come to mind. And he does offer evidence to back his claims.
I think you're just afraid of him. Muahahahaha - afraid of someone on
Usenet - now that's funny. Hey - tellemon - watch out - there's your
shadow. What a jerk and you know what - no trouble coming up with
that evidence.