Old May 9th 04, 02:39 AM
RHF

JAY,

From: Albert P. Belle Isle )
Subject: 214 English-Language HF Broadcasts
That are Audible in North East USA (09-APR-04)
Posted On: Google.Rec.Radio.Shortwave
Date: 2004-04-10 03:37:52 PST
MESSAGE-LINK= http://tinyurl.com/28yfj

SUMMER 2004 (09-APR-04) 214
English-Language Broadcasts
usually audible at 42N39, 71W09
w/65ft V-1 TFD, 45ft T2FD,
28ft trap vertical or 65ft V-1 doublet
into Ten-Tec RX340 (or RX320)
LINK= http://www.cerberussystems.com/~belleisl/SWL2004A.TXT
©Copyright 2004, all rights reserved
Albert P. BELLE ISLE Cerberus Systems, Inc.

From: Stewart Mackenzie )
Subject: Shortwave Radio Logs from Southern California
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 2004-04-28 12:50:02 PST
MESSAGE-LINK= http://tinyurl.com/2s3eu
For Logs from the opposite end of the Country.

PLUS - Here are a few YAHOO! EGroups that have some Shortwave Info.

* Shortwave-Radio and WorldBand Radio on the HF Bands
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shortwave-radio/

* The Basics of Shortwave
A place to learn/share ideas about Shortwave Radio
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thebasicsofshortwave/

* American Shortwave Listeners' Club
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ASWLC/

* ComAirScan - A forum for the exchange of frequencies,
logging information, equipment.

* Group interested in Shortwave Radio DX'ing and DX'ing contests.

* AM-SW-DXing · A casual Shortwave and AM Broadcast DXing Forum,
technical, theories, experiments, frequencies, propagation.

* ShortWaveRadio - A Group to freely discuss topics on
Shortwave Radio, SWL, DXing
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShortWaveRadio/

* ShortWave Listening
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shortwavelistening/

BONUS - For Shortwave Listener "SWL" Antenna Information
Check-Out the Shortwave-SWL-Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !
[ The 'focus' is Shortwave Listeners (SWL) Antennas and AM/FM Antennas
]

EXTRA - Multi-Links to Shortwave Listening Information
and AM/MW DXing Information
EXTRA= http://tinyurl.com/yuspp

hope this helps ~ RHF
..
..
= = = "Jay" wrote in message
= = = ...
I drifted away from sw listening for a few months and upon my return seem to
have discovered that I can no longer receive any of my old VOA frequencies.
I used to be able to listen to their Caribbean and Central America feeds
like locals, and during the day I got other feeds, generally pretty well.
Now I can't find them at all.

What are the details of what has happened at VOA and are there any
transmissions still receivable in the Northeast USA?

Jay