Old May 9th 04, 04:13 AM
uncle arnie

On Sat, 08 May 2004 08:37 pm -0600 UTC, Dave Holford
posted: %MM

uncle arnie wrote:

On Fri, 07 May 2004 05:55 pm -0600 UTC, Mike Terry
posted: %MM

Telegraph.co.uk - London,England,UK
... publishes a lengthy document on radio abroad - mainly concentrating
on how to obtain decent signals from the BBC World Service on short
wave - but it contains ...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/main.jhtml?xml=

property/2004/05/08
pbb
c08.xml&sSheet=/property/2004/05/08/ixpmain01.html

This is only loss of longwave to Europe. Plenty of SW freq avail. I
don't know that I've heard of much longwave reception of BBC outside of
Europe. No go with ICOM R-75 in the middle of the North American
Continent. --
-UA

Not much luck with the BBC, some relatively weak signals late in the
evening; however Allouis on 162kHz has been armchair quality several
evenings lately, with 216 almost as strong but with NDB QRM making it
diffcult to copy.

Using a Kenwood TS-850 and 160M sloper.

Fun to listen once in a while but hardly reliable here, much more
reliable on the East Coast when I get the chance.

Dave
45N 75W

I'm going to give it a go. Times?
52N 102W