Old May 9th 04, 10:20 PM
Howard

On Sun, 9 May 2004 19:29:38 +0000 (UTC), (Mike
Andrews) wrote:

Ken Knecht wrote:
What are the rotating dipoles I see here and there used for? I
suspect data but why not microwave? Among others, I see one on
the front of my supermarket, and four more on a pair of large
high advertising signs. I'm sure there are others if I'd look for
them. They are not very noticable.

They are about 4 - 6' long, metal, and turn about once every 5
seconds.

Got an image you could mail me? The address is good.

The ones on top of billboards keep birds from perching atop the sign
and leaving their deposits on the advertisement. I suspect the one on
the front of the supermarket keeps the birds from deposting on
customers.