Old August 26th 04, 01:42 AM
Doug Goncz

Dear Richard,

The Radio Shack manual linked below, which I have, and came with the
antenna, doesn't mention twiaxial cable because no twinaxial cable
with an impedance of 75 ohms is available at a reasonable price, so
people use 75 ohm cable because it's cheaper. If I could get 75 ohm
twinaxial cable I'd use it.

The impedance of this and every open dipole antenna is around 75 ohms,
one quarter of the impedance of a 300 ohm folded dipole, just about
ten percent from the impedance of empty space. We are in an
atmosphere....

However, the OEM antenna is a flexible _open_ dipole with a
characterstic impedance of 75 ohms. I think 100 ohm twinax is a good
choice.

Can any readers source 75 ohm twinax?

Doug

Richard Clark wrote in message . ..
On 25 Aug 2004 02:54:24 -0700, (Doug Goncz) wrote:

The antenna, a Radio Shack 15-2163 6-Element Triple Drive Outdoor FM
Antenna

Hi Doug,

I see nothing of twinax at all.

consult:
http://www.radioshack.com/images/Pro...OME15-2163.pdf

However, you seem to have come to a working arrangement, twinax
doesn't make all that much difference, and it is pointed in the right
direction. I'm sure you are enjoying the music.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC