Old August 26th 04, 02:56 AM
Jerry Martes

"Hal Rosser" wrote in message
. ..
Hal

Yeah, the idea does work. I am using two 'side by side' RG223s right

now
to evaluate a dipole antenna I'm playing with. For my purpose, the 70

ohm
dipole on the 100 ohm line is a good enough match.

Jerry

and as Roy pointed out in the other thread - the assembly will just
facilitate the transmission of a balanced load - not 'cause it' to be
balanced -
But as you pointed out - using such an assembly aids in impedence matching
schemes - and if the line happens to be balanced - it won't tip over .

;-)

And -- Use of a balanced line to feed a ballanced antenna allows a balun
to be located where it may be of a lesser disturbance when it is not a
perfect balun.

Jerry