Old May 11th 04, 03:19 AM
Gary

(Grumpus) wrote in message om...
(Diverd4777) wrote in message ...

Some older models people on this newsgroup swear by are the GE 780, a
monster portable AM radio with a huge chrome grill like a 50's Caddy,
the legendary Panasonic 2200, the Sony 2010, the Panasonic 1150, and
the GE Superadio(s) I and II. Radios which are still available which
people like for broadcast band DXing are the GE Superadio III, the
Palstar R30, the Drake R8B which people go into raptures over, and for
quasi-DXing, the surprisingly good pocket radio, the Sangean DT-200V.

Regards,

Grumpus

A while back I did a side-by-side comparison of my Panasonic RF-2200,
GE Superadio III, and my CCRadio and found the CCRadio had better
sensitivity than the other two. I could get strong, clear programming
on the CCRadio that I could hardly hear on the other two radios.