Old May 11th 04, 06:32 AM
Telamon

In article ,
Ken Knecht wrote:

Howard wrote in
news
On Sun, 9 May 2004 19:29:38 +0000 (UTC),
(Mike Andrews) wrote:

Ken Knecht wrote:
What are the rotating dipoles I see here and there used
for? I suspect data but why not microwave? Among others, I
see one on the front of my supermarket, and four more on a
pair of large high advertising signs. I'm sure there are
others if I'd look for them. They are not very noticable.

They are about 4 - 6' long, metal, and turn about once
every 5 seconds.

Got an image you could mail me? The address is good.

The ones on top of billboards keep birds from perching atop
the sign and leaving their deposits on the advertisement. I
suspect the one on the front of the supermarket keeps the
birds from deposting on customers.

So logical! Never thought of that! Wonder what made me think they
were antennas? One-track mind.

Yeah you are a radio hobbyist. Good thing you are not a hammer because
then everything would look like a nail.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California