Old May 10th 04, 11:58 AM
HipBot

"Michael Bryant" wrote in message
From: m II

Aren't there laws that prohibit that activity? The municipality/county
would be liable if anything went wrong. Are they insured for 'civilians'
keeping police 'company'? The litigation lawyers would get pretty
excited if she was hurt.

Yes, I believe the officer received a reprimand. But on the long night

patrols
in rural appalachia it's a pretty common practice for deputies to have

someone
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
with them to help keep them awake on the, long monotonous patrol routes.

Sure......I'll bet there were plenty of condoms and rubber gloves
in the glovebox also. Wonder if they "got kinky" and used
the handcuffs or other accutorments of the law enforcement trade
for other erotic usages in the process? ; )

The young lady could've easily ended up wounded or worse.

More likely she ended up pregnant by
a member of the local constabulary in the
backseat of a Crown Vic Police Interceptor!
I wonder, do the rear seats fold down on those
cars so you can use the seatbacks/trunkfloor as
a quick mattress...?

(grin)

"The available divorce data show that marital breakdown
is now considerably more common in the Bible Belt than
in the secular Northeast. . . . The percentages of broken
families and unwed mothers remained higher in places
like Arkansas and Oklahoma than in New York
and Massachusetts."
- Joe Conason