Old August 26th 04, 10:32 PM
Wes Stewart

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:08:33 -0700, "John Moriarity"
wrote:

| My question: What are you guys using for HF measurements?
|
|The original Autek. Limited accuracy,
|but *very* portable and very useful.
|
|I'm building the N2PK Vector Network
|Analyzer, which is only good to 60Mhz,
|with laboratory accuracy. Paul has hinted
|at extensions to allow se to 450Mhz.
|See www.n2pk.com .

Me too. Well, let me rephrase... I have had the kit ($220) for about
8 months and have yet to start on it

First I figured I needed a better, smaller soldering iron. $100.

Then I got that and realized I can't see the parts. Got a 10X
Optivisor. $35.

Depth of field is really marginal. Got a lighted magnifier. $50.

Ready to go... oops no anti-static mat and right in the middle of
building bathroom vanity cabinet. Figured I could save money by DIY.

New Delta Unisaw. $1500. Dovetail jig. $400. Better lighting in
garage $400. Hardwood $400. Misc router bits, finishing materials,
spray gun, screws, door and drawer hardware and my labor at $0.05/
hour... don't ask.

Other than that, I use a Boonton 250 or an HP 8405 for impedance
measurements.