Old May 13th 04, 07:56 AM
Mark Keith

(Mediaguy500) wrote in message ...

I failed to get my ham radio liscence because of them, even though I know that
most of my answers were correct.

They just didn't want me to become a ham in order to keep their little ham club
"exclusive" to theirselves. and so they abused their priveleges.

I heard the local ham repeater frequency in the 144 to 148 mhz band, went to
the place they said, paid the money they said ( at least 3 times higher than
what it costs roday) and took my test (after studying of course).

The questions were not completely the same as the material that the book
taught. Most of them were completely different.

One of the questions on the actual ham test I took was "What is ATV and what
does it refer to"

I answered that it stood for "amateur tv" which some ham operators transmit.

After the test was over, the examiners (real hams. I had heaard them on my
local ham repeater including call letters and lalso listed in the ham directory
book) marked that question wrong and told me that that was the wrong answer and
that there is not any such thing as "ham tv" or "amateur tv" and that tv is not
allowed at all in any ham bands anywhere.

They then told me that the correct answer to that question is that "ATV" refers
only to ham radio sets that are installed in All-Terrain Vehicles".

And that was only one of the questions. They did the same thing with most of
the other questions also.

marking wrong what was definitely right,. and then coming up with phoney
answers that they claimed was the "correct answers" just to keep out people
that they didn't want or were predudiced against for some reason or another.

So now I say, bring back the days when the FCC gave the liscence exams instead
of letting local hams who abuse their priveleges when doing it doing it.

Personally, I think you are about as full of **** as a x-mas turkey as
far as this story, but if indeed this is a true story, why didn't you
call the fcc to inqure as to the status? Why not report the examiners
to the fcc? The stuff you say just doesn't flush. I think you made it
up. Such as the answer to the ATV question. Do you really expect me to
believe that crap? Sounds like a fish tale to me. When you take a
test, it must be given by three license holders. And you should have
all their names. If what you say is true, and you can prove it, "you
easily can, if this is true", Riley Hollingsworth would have their
asses for lunch. He lives for that crap. If they illegally overcharged
you? Ditto...He'd be on them like stink on doo-doo. But again, I think
this really is all just a fish tale. I bet you probably took the real
test, failed it, "probably the code test" , and now have your panties
in a twist. If I'm wrong, you can slap me. And hell yes, the questions
vary, and may be different than the study guide. They had a 500
question pool to choose from, and it is revised from time to time. I
just find it hard to believe that three hams would risk their licenses
to deny you a ticket just because you are ugly. What blatant BS...Most
all hams are ugly SOB's. Even many of the women...:/ MK