Old August 27th 04, 01:03 AM
Hal Rosser

The analyzer post gave me an idea you may want to try out -
take equal pieces of copper and stainless wire -
Long enough so that an antenna that size would fall within capabilities of
the analyzer -
see what the ol'analyzer tells you about resonant freq for each -and
resistance for each at resonance -
then try again at different lengths and freqs - compare results
then there oughta be a publishable ratio for those freqs. - whatcha think?
please report back within the week ;-)

"Larry Benko" wrote in message
Since this topic has been recently discussed, I was wondering how well
EZNEC (ver. 4+ here) would model a wire antenna made with stainless
steel wire. The "Wire Loss" table in EZNEC allows a User Defined
Resistivity and Relative Permeability. Would the fact that SS wire is
usually comprised of a very large number of strands has any appreciable
effect on the loss? Assuming that EZNEC can do the modeling correctly,
what would be approximate values to use for the resistivity and relative
permeability? I did a quick measurement in a short piece of SS stranded
wire measured a DC resistance (with a 4 wire ohmmeter) of ~50 times that
of copper.

Thanks and 73,
Larry Benko, W0QE

---