Old May 15th 04, 04:49 AM
Mediaguy500

I'm putting this one in the same pigeon-hole as the poster who told the
story about failing his Ham test because the VE's said he was ugly.

It's the same person.

how about this one? My radio scanner caused Taco Bell's equipment to
malfunction, and caused Taco Bell to close.

Or was it all just a weird coincidence?

I've been to the same Taco Bell before with my scanner operating on VHF lo, VHF
hi, UHF, FM broadcast, and Shortwave frequencies without anything happening.

Airplanes don't like you using a scanner because it interferes with their
equipment and they could crash into the side of a mountain.

Well, today when I went to the same Taco Bell in the afternoon, I had my
scanner on the VHF air frequencies (108 to 136 MHZ)

I left the scaner in my car and went in to eat. I did get my food order, but
before I did, the cashier told me that they were closing for about an hour
because their equipment had malfunctioned starting a few minutes ago and they
weren't able to make any more food until they got it repaired. The time he
mentioned was about the exact sam time that I pulled into Taco Bell's parking
lot with my scanner on the VHF aircraft frequencies.

Did my scanner cause Taco Bell's equipment to malfunction and close down the
entire restaurant for at least a whole hour or was it all just some sort of big
strange weird coincidence?