Old May 15th 04, 10:39 PM
Telamon

In article ,
Jim wrote:

Thanks to Garry at Ten Tec, he put me a pack of the J310 surface mount
FET's in the mail and I put them in just now, and am back on line.
Those things are TINY and not for the squeamish.

I also put a pair of back-to-back glass switching diodes across the
external antenna input (across the 2.2K resistor that had already been
added by TenTec to bleed off static buildup), so in future the diode
should blow rather than the FET's. It seems that almost the whole
factory is up at Dayton.... he he..

Use an antenna of the loop type and end any static damage worries. Upon
connection make ground to the radios case (ground) first.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California