Old August 28th 04, 12:03 PM
Doug Goncz

(Doug Goncz) wrote in message . com...
Dear Richard,

The Radio Shack manual linked below, which I have, and came with the
antenna, doesn't mention twiaxial cable because no twinaxial cable
with an impedance of 75 ohms is available at a reasonable price, so
people use 75 ohm cable because it's cheaper. If I could get 75 ohm
twinaxial cable I'd use it.

The impedance of this and every open dipole antenna is around 75 ohms,
one quarter of the impedance of a 300 ohm folded dipole, just about
ten percent from the impedance of empty space. We are in an
atmosphere....

However, the OEM antenna is a flexible _open_ dipole with a
characterstic impedance of 75 ohms. I think 100 ohm twinax is a good
choice.

Can any readers source 75 ohm twinax?

Doug

http://www.electronicsurplus.com/com...=1093701353153

I have ordered 16 feet of Belden "Blue Hose" 78 ohm twinaxial cable.

Doug