Old May 17th 04, 02:57 AM
Lawrence H. Bulk

Look into the MFJ-306. It is a short wave converter which works with
the AM section of your car radio. It is not a kit and is very easy to
install in a car. It works quite well and is relatively inexpensive
(under $100). It picks up the entire 49, 31, 25, and 19 meter bands.
Unfortunately it does not receive the 41 meter band (so no WBCQ on
7415); I don't know whether this will preclude your having interest in
this unit. I have one and I like it. You can buy it direct from MFJ or
from Universal.

Lawrence

(ex_cathedra) wrote in message . com...
I am hooked on shortwave.
I'm no radio expert...but I like the shortwave.
(Especially on weekends WBCQ)
So....I looked up SW converters on google and there are these kits
and I know someone who could build it for me)
But he says that this would only be able to pick up 2 stations.
I think it would be a lot cooler than XM in the car.
(PeeeYeww) That'll be the day I pay for radio.