Old May 18th 04, 12:20 AM
Tony Meloche

lsmyer wrote:

Here's a link to an article about murdered DJs and radio hosts.
http://radio.about.com/library/weekly/aa080303a.htm

I don't know about anyone else, but I was assaulted at gunpoint one day at
our local radio station by a crazy ex-employee. Plus, I've been stalked
several different times. All of those events happened back in the late 70s
and early 80s. To me, it was a shock when it first happened to me, but now I
have come to recognize this phenomenon as a typical job hazard of the radio
industry. Radio draws nutcakes. That's what drew me to the industry to start
with!

Has anyone here had any such experience in their background?

I have two relatives - a son and a niece - who worked in radio at one
time, both "on air". Neither ever had a problem with nutcakes, but
*both* were told when they started out: "Make up an on-air name. When
you're on the air, being interviewed, or in a public appearance, you
always use that name. NEVER use your real name".

Tony