Old May 18th 04, 02:28 AM
hamzio

Well the piece of wood I have the ART13 on is 11" wide, about 1 1/4" thick,
and as long as the hutch (54"), and it doesn't sag in the middle. 2x4 sagged
in the middle with no support. Pressboard is out of the question. This is
the only piece of wood I found strong enough to support almost a 100 lbs of
radio and computer monitor on top shelf of hutch...

"-=jd=-" wrote in message
On Mon 17 May 2004 04:38:45p, "Rob Mills" wrote in

message

"hamzio" wrote in message

so I'm thinking 2X8s, pressure treated.

2X8's? Pressure treated? Tell me your kidding. RM~ :-(

2x4's and 1/2" ply built with common sense would hold as many people as

you
could stand on it. There's nothing wrong with 2x8's if you already have

them,
but it seems a bit of over-engineering otherwise. Still nothing wrong with
them though - to each his own...

-=jd=-
--
My Current Disposable Email: