Old May 19th 04, 04:26 AM
Pete & Renee Davis

Default Car SW reception

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html
Happy to see discussion of car SW radios. Lots of good information.
pI work for a home health agency in southern Maine. I'm on the road a
lot during the daytime and I would rather listen to information than opinion;
that rules out most US MW radio.
pI've been wondering what the quality of the SW reception is like. What
are their good points and bad points? Are they more or less stable than
conventional portables or table top models? How susceptible to interference
as you drive down the road? Do they work best with standard antennas, or
should you install a specialized antenna?
pI haven't found any comparative reviews of car SW receivers, so any
solid information will be very helpful. Thanks in advance for the group's