Old May 19th 04, 05:07 AM
Larry Weil

In article ,
(byrnefm) wrote:

Hi,

last week I received the wideband FM edition of the Sangean ATS-909 I
bought from thiecom.de and gave it a test run over the weekend. Its
shortwave range covers that of CB radio which leads me to the
following question:

- is there a way of switching the SW mode to FM instead of AM/USB/LSB?
EU CB channels broadcast (usually) in FM mode, not AM. This makes
tuning in such stations tricky at best (they are tuneable - but with
some distortion).

This would not work even if it did. (Talk about a Yogi Berra'ism) The
FM used for communications purposes is narrow-band, that used for FM
broadcast is wide-band. Since the FM circuitry in this radio is for
wide-band you'de wind up receiving the entire CB band all at once.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH