Old May 19th 04, 09:37 AM
GO BEARCATS

I've been wondering what the quality of the SW reception is like.

Very good and quiet if done properly. The BEST antenna (most won't use though)
is a 108" (I think that's the right inch) steel whip.

Ground....ground.......ground.......can't be said enough.

I once had two scanners(sometimes three/cb radio/ shortwave receiver and an
illegal piece of eqipment for tx on bc freq, didn't use it much-but I did. Yes
I know that's bad.

I had a total of four either 1/2'or 3/4 stainless steel plates, two welded to
the frame of my car and two welded to the frame in the back. *GROUND* is very
important, if I can do it in a little 85Olds Firenza with all that and enjoy
shortwave with all the rf I had going on inside, you can if that's all you're
running in there.

If you don't want to go to the extreme in length of antenna, cut it down a tad
or some will say in here to used a cb magnet mount (which won't get as good
receive and it'll be staticy at certain parts of the spectrum.

Good luck and have, you can do it.:-)

~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/394/*SUPER*398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+HowellSW
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
500ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Long-Wire
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*
*21/2X2ft.FiveSpoked~Penta-Loop~PancakeLoop*
~OptimusCTR-111Cassettte Recorder~
~Radio Shack 2Speed VOX#43-476~
~Ramsey Speech Scrambler~