Old August 30th 04, 04:26 PM
Walter Maxwell

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 01:04:57 -0400, "Tim Perry"
wrote:

"Walter Maxwell" wrote in message
.. .

snip

I was just about to tell you what I use, but Richard, above, beat me to

it. For
HF measurements this bridge, the General Radio 1606-A, is the Cadillac of

all
bridges. It 's been the bridge of choice for nearly every AM broadcast

engineer
in determining t he impedance of AM broadcast antennas since it came on

the
market in 1955.

i have yet to see one at a US broadcast station. the meter that is usually
found, and used is the delta OIB-1 or OIB-3
http://www.deltaelectronics.com/data/oib1&3.htm

Hi Tim,

I can't disagree with you here, because my knowledge is from several years back.
I'm not familiar the Delta except by reputation--all I've heard is that it's a
good instrument. The demise of General Radio is probably one reason the GR
instrument is no longer the instrument of choice, so the dividing line between
use of the GR and the Delta probably defines the end of one era and the
beginning of another.

Walt, W2DU