Old May 21st 04, 05:49 AM
Steve Black

G. Cook,

Thanks for the info! Great designs!

Steve

On 18 May 2004 07:11:52 -0700, (G. Cook) wrote:

Steve Black wrote in message . ..
G Cook,

Thanks for the info. I thought Henry Kloss designed those radios? Was
it a collaboration?

Also, who sells external ferrite antennas? Also, what is a Hi Q
antenna?

Thanks again,
Steve

snip snip

Hi Steve,
The Model One and PAL are classic Henry Kloss designs. We worked
together for many years, from the mid-80's until his death in 2002. I
started at Advent in 1972, with the Model 400 as my first FM tuner.
Henry was wonderful at recognizing combinations of new and old
technologies that would make new and useful products, and then pushing
them out as quickly as possible to the market. He conceived the Model
One and designed its' acoustics, controls and basic appearance, and
financed and project managed. I provided the electronic design which
satisfied his requirements for ease of use, high FM dynamic range, low
audio distortion, and precise acoustic frequency response
equalization. The PAL is the same idea of performance, simplicity and
good sound taken into a smaller, portable package. The designs are
licensed to Tivoli Audio for manufacture and sales.
Again, I do NOT speak for Tivoli or anyone but me, and I am not
involved with any Tivoli products besides the Model One or PAL.
G. Cook