Old August 31st 04, 01:40 AM
Roy Lewallen

My MFJ 269 shows the SWR of a Tektronix 75 ohm termination as 1.0:1 up
to 77 MHz when Z0 is set to 75 ohms.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Steve Nosko wrote:

Ian, and others,

I have the 269 HF VHF UHF analyzer and noticed something strange. In
the "non-50 ohm" Advanced menu 3 mode, with the Zo set to 75 ohms, an
otherwise good 75 ohm load (please assume I know how to tell and I used a
low frequency to reduce errors) shows something like a 1.3 : 1 SWR. When I
called to ask about it, the first tech at MFJ seemed confused and clearly
did not understand. Another call, on another day resulted in a better tech,
but the response was to send it in for re-calibration. This also seems to
be a calculation rather than an adjustment, no?

Once you know Z it is a simple calculation to get to SWR for another Zo. Or
have I been smoking a bad brand...?

Woha! I see they have on line calibration manual for the 259B & 269 on
line!
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/MFJ-259Bcalibration.php
http://www.mfjenterprises.com/man/pd...alibration.pdf

I don't see anything other than "watch the blinking SWR" .(sounds like a
British insult) for the Advance 3 "calibration".