Old May 21st 04, 08:15 AM
ex_cathedra

"Daniel J. Stern" wrote in message in.umich.edu...
On Mon, 17 May 2004, David wrote:

People listen to shortwave radio mainly for the diversity and the less
Anglocentric viewpoints. Satellite radio, in particular Sirius, goes a
long way to satisfying that need, without driving you batty with static
and flanging.

Not to mention the fact that countries are going off shortwave wholesale.
BBC's gone, India's gone, Ausria's almost gone...guess if you want to hear
China, you can do that...

I can pretty much find stuff to listen to 6am till midnight...
Late at night theres Aussie radio...
I can handle a little static.
It was no problem listening to a PL230 strapped to my sunroof handle
till I sold that car.
Now I have no sunroof.
I was just wonderin if it would work.
(the converter)
I have steering wheel radio controls so I don't want to redesign the
whole car.
Or get a new steering wheel....
I really wouldn't mind the FrigiKing look.
(It's really not all that big anyway)
Status,style,prestige,impressing the herd and cutting edge hi-tech
mean very little to me.
Sad-o-light radio costs money.
Perhaps if people refused to pay for television,cabal TV would have
been free.
( I've see idiots paying $80.00 a month to get their brains
constipated !)
And what do they get for that?
They get to pay for Dizzney wether they watch it or not.
(And feed the rat)
or they are forced to foot the bill for mind numbing gladitorial
sports stations wether they watch them or not.
Nope....
Poo poo on XM

Thanx anyway!