Old May 21st 04, 08:35 AM
ex_cathedra

(Lawrence H. Bulk) wrote in message om...
Look into the MFJ-306. It is a short wave converter which works with
the AM section of your car radio. It is not a kit and is very easy to
install in a car. It works quite well and is relatively inexpensive
(under $100). It picks up the entire 49, 31, 25, and 19 meter bands.
Unfortunately it does not receive the 41 meter band (so no WBCQ on
7415); I don't know whether this will preclude your having interest in
this unit. I have one and I like it. You can buy it direct from MFJ or
from Universal.

Thanks!
(It could be worth looking into)
But I do like the BCQ on the weekends...

(I wonder ...I have an antenna input on my Tecsun PL230 but it's a
small plug perhaps some kind of antenna adapter and getting it hooked
up to the car antenna?)
Hmmm
I tried to clip a wire to the antenna and hung a wire out of the
sunroof when I first started taking my shortwave in the other car but
it was all buzzy before strapping it to the sunroof handle and getting
the regualr antenna out of the car.

Lawrence

(ex_cathedra) wrote in message . com...
I am hooked on shortwave.
I'm no radio expert...but I like the shortwave.
(Especially on weekends WBCQ)
So....I looked up SW converters on google and there are these kits
and I know someone who could build it for me)
But he says that this would only be able to pick up 2 stations.
I think it would be a lot cooler than XM in the car.
(PeeeYeww) That'll be the day I pay for radio.