Old May 21st 04, 10:43 AM
Mark Keith

"Brenda Ann Dyer" wrote in message ...
"Mark Keith" wrote in message
om...
If they are getting by with a single 10-365 cap, I'd like to see the
loop, the size, winding spacing , etc..I bet it will be quite
different than the ones I build. Most of my loops are the standard
solenoid type loops.

http://www.mindspring.com/~loop_antenna/amloop2.htm

That is a standard box loop. But I do note his high end is only 1650.
Also his cap is a 500 pf, not a 365 pf. Still not too bad for one cap
I guess. In my case, I would have still used a dual 365, as I like
mine to cover 160m also. "up to 2000 kc" With his loop, he states he
is tuning the low end using only appx 365pf or so. Myself, I would
have probably taken one turn or so off, and had a higher top range up
to nearly 1800kc, and still cover the low end using the full 500 pf.
MK