Old May 21st 04, 06:36 PM
Brian Hill

Default Wanted Shortwave

"Pete" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
There are two I like that are much cheaper than $100.

Grundig Mini100PE
Kaiwa WRX911

I like the Kaiwa's shape and controls better, in particular how it tunes.

No
FM stereo on it though, which the Grundig has. The Grundig fits in a shirt
or windbreaker pocket or on your belt very well though, for taking on

walks,
etc. I find that the Kaiwa is more sensitive, if reception is a problem
(like inside buildings), and it's easier to see what you're tuning (larger
tuning scale).

Pete

I like the 100PE too. Its a great little performer for such a low price.

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian