Old May 22nd 04, 09:32 AM

Hello, Computers are very noisy, but I think monitors are worse, I read the
plasma screens are quite. I have to shield a lead to the PC for data
decoding, I have ferrite rings that the wire is wound round and some beads
the wire threads through. I also have the radio in a foil covered cardboard
box with holes for wires, the radio and the box have a good earth wire
to,,,, water pipe earth.

For the fellow with the whistling radio, If you could try another power
source. Wire a battery pack, or a car battery to see if the noise is still
there, get true DC. If it goes get a proper ham radio type shielded PSU a
good one will have filters to stop the noise rubbish. All the best.