Old May 22nd 04, 05:58 PM
JJ

Zaphon B. wrote:

I made mention of the fact earlier that I was
hearing Morse Code that seemed to
be transmitted so fast that it was almost like it was some other form of
communication. So questions.

Are many people out there able to listen and decode that **** on the fly and
understand it or are they going through
software programs to decode the stuff.

AND

(I know this will sound stupid) but is
there actually someone sitting out there
hammering this stuff out by hand, like in the
old westerns or is it machine made?

AND

if machine made why? Why are people still sending info with Morse Code?
Haven't we
sort of moved beyond that, if you know what I mean??

Zaphod "wishing all a good day"

Not much Morse code being used now, except for on the ham bands. Some
hams can copy pretty fast, 40-50 wpm or so. I once knew a WWII Navy
radio op who could copy 60+ and hold a conversation with someone at the
same time and never miss a word of either conversation.