Old May 22nd 04, 09:20 PM
Brian Hill

"GO BEARCATS" wrote in message
I had a HAMfriend of mine over here the other night playing around with

all the
equipment in here (no stupid replies please) and he grabbed the new Pop

Comm
and he told me what he wanted to get, he's told me this over ten times
before....lol.

But he was pointing out the piece in the subject line. I was at R&L

Electronics
over a year ago and had it in my hand and was going to get it, but the guy
behind the counter didn't give it glowing reviews, actually he said a

friend of
his had owned one but could never get a 'solid copy' hence no decoding.

My
thinking after I left was "I should have got it, his friend more than

likely
didn't know what he was doing."

Does anyone in here actually own one of these or have or been in the

presence
of one and watched it work? If so, do you think this is a nice addition to

have
in the shack?

I told my friend that I'd ask in here and see what you all have to say

about
it. Myself, I like the look and I'd love to be able to decode those

noises I
here, personally- I think the price is a little steep- if I remember

right,
they have 'raised' the price another $10.00 compared to a couple years

back.

Thanks :-)

I used to have a MFJ-1224 or 25. Cant remember? But it worked ok. You can
get em pretty cheap at swaps and on Ebay $25-50. Make sure it has the
software with it.

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian