Old May 23rd 04, 05:37 AM
Gary

On Sat, 22 May 2004 11:06:28 -0500, "Zaphon B."
wrote:

I made mention of the fact earlier that I was
hearing Morse Code that seemed to
be transmitted so fast that it was almost like it was some other form of
communication. So questions.

Are many people out there able to listen and decode that **** on the fly and
understand it or are they going through
software programs to decode the stuff.

I had to pass the 20 word per minute test to get my extra class
license and I hear the same thing. I think some people are actually
that proficient and some are using morse readers with keyboard
sending. Some of it is so fast I have trouple identifying a single
character.

HTH

73 Gary K8IQ

AND

(I know this will sound stupid) but is
there actually someone sitting out there
hammering this stuff out by hand, like in the
old westerns or is it machine made?

AND

if machine made why? Why are people still sending info with Morse Code?
Haven't we
sort of moved beyond that, if you know what I mean??

Zaphod "wishing all a good day"